Sunday, March 10, 2013

DIY Duck Tape Flower Pens

*  I don't want this post to be a buzzkill, but I do want to sincerely ask for your prayers for our family.  We've been hit with a couple biggies lately (death in the immediate family and a job loss) and we're just trying to keep on keeping on.  Please pray for direction and open doors.  Mucho appreciation-o. *

I'll give you one guess where I saw this neato idea...yep, you got it, my BFF, Pinterest.  

My Sunday School girls get a small prize for learning their Bible verses.  Lately it has been a small Beanie Boos.  They are crazy over those little animals.  I've made a deal with them that if we have 100% participation for the first verse in the quarter (we do 3) that I'll treat them to an ice cream sundae party.  I'm anticipating many prizes being awarded in the next couple of weeks, so I need to have a lot ready.  Beanie Boos get pricey after a while...especially on a no income budget...so, to Pinterest I headed.
Voila!
The Duck Tape Flower Pen by Seven Sisters



I think they are really going to like them...if not, then I have some super cool pens to use.  Win, win.

**ETA: They really loved them!  I knew they would.  They are a great bunch of girls.**

The Seven Sisters site has a much better picture tutorial, but here are a few of mine.  

You will need:
6 different colors/patterns of Duck Tape (It's amazing how much is out there!)
A cutting mat
Sharp knife or blade
  (Okay, it's a little more involved.  You have to measure for the petals and the stem (the link has the measurements) and cut. I used an old Cricut mat to cut and my Exacto knives.)

Halfway there


Finished petals



All done


My bouquet!
 
I made eight flower pens and I had 13 girls say their verse!  The pens went quickly.  That's a good predicament for a Sunday School teacher!

Now I'm off to search what other neat things I can make with Duck Tape!

No comments: