Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A RACKing we will go

Every year we do some type of countdown to Christmas - paper rings we tear off, cotton balls glued on Santa's beard (I believe!), placing a new daily piece in our Playmobil nativity set, but I read a blog post last night when I was perusing for some Thanksgiving activities to do in school that I love, love, love and I cannot get the idea out of my head...25 Days of RACK - Random Acts of Christmas Kindness. 

From First Grade Parade
From First Grade Parade
 In a nutshell, you perform a RACK every day leading up to Christmas.  They can be as little as leaving a quarter on a gumball machine or paying for the person behind you in the Dunkin Donuts drive through (I am a coffee lover, but not a Starbucks drinker.  Don't hate.)  You also leave a card like the one on the side to explain what you've done.

You can get an idea of some things that other people are doing by going here or here.   I don't have everything planned out yet - still formulating what I'd like to do in my head, but I'm very excited at the prospect.  I am going to try to work on my day plans over the next few days, so I will keep you updated.  If you have any cool ideas, let me know!

1 comment:

Moni-Q said...

Great idea. That sounds like a fun "can you fold a card" idea for the whole church! ha!