Friday, September 10, 2010

Favorite Things Friday!

Favorite Cookbook:

I read cookbooks like other people read fiction novels. I don't know why. I'm quirky that way. Most books have recipes that sound good, but I rarely try them.

One cookbook is the exception.

Without a doubt, hands down, I love, love, love The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Recipes from an Accidental Country Girl. http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-Woman-Cooks-Recipes-Accidental/dp/0061658197/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1284110930&sr=8-1

I adore Pioneer Woman. I feel happy when I read her blog. I feel like she's a sister from another mother. Her cookbook does not disappoint. I have made 4 or so recipes so far and the only reason I haven't made more is because I keep repeating the ones I've already made. PW's stuff is not, um, for the health conscious. Butter and bacon are frequently used in the majority of the recipes. When I say majority I mean every one. The main draw for me is that each step is portrayed in pictures. I will admit that I have probably licked a couple of the pages once...or twice because the final product looked.so.good. Side note, no one will want to borrow my copy. I'd be happy to make you one of the dishes, though. :)

No comments: